Sleep Disorders| ProMedica Memorial Hospital
The ProMedica Memorial Hospital Sleep Disorder Center has diagnostic and treatment development capabilities. Sleep Disorder Center associates deliver quality care in a highly personalized and cost efficient manner. The ProMedica Memorial Hospital Sleep Disorder Center is located on the second floor of Memorial Hospital.
Sleep Disorder Center Services
- Comprehensive, compassionate and customized approach to patient care
- Diagnosis and treatment to ensure proper management of patients' sleep disorders
- Timely communication of sleep evaluations/treatment plans to patients' primary care providers
- Continuous patient support regarding sleep related issues
Sleep Disorder Center Patient Amenities
- 4 Private Bedrooms
- Flexible Testing Appointment Days
- Comfortable Lounge for Relaxation
- Wake Up Calls Available Preventing Having to Make Special Arrangements with Home or Work
- Convenient Outpatient Services for Overnight Testing
- State-of-the-Art Technology in Diagnostic and Treatment Equipment
Frequently Asked Questions
Tips to Assure Quality Sleep
- Go to be at a set time each night and get up at the same time each morning. This helps to establish a steady sleep cycle.
- Try to exercise 20 to 30 minutes each day. For maximum benefit, schedule workouts 5 to 6 hours before going to bed.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol. Caffeine is a stimulant and may not allow your body to unwind. Those who smoke will wake up prematurely due to nicotine withdrawal and alcohol will diminish deep sleep (REM).
- Relax before bedtime. A warm bath, reading or another relaxing routine can make it easier to fall asleep.
Don't toss and turn in bed. If you can't fall asleep, experts recommend that you get up and read, watch TV or listen to soft music. The anxiety of not being able to fall asleep can actually contribute to your insomnia