Hospice | ProMedica Memorial Hospital
In our community, Hospice of Memorial Hospital provides a special way of caring that gives terminally ill patients choices to determine how they will live the rest of their life. Since 1984, Hospice of Memorial Hospital has been providing quality, compassionate care to the people of Fremont and Clyde Ohio and Sandusky and Ottawa Counties and the surrounding areas.
Hospice of Memorial Hospital is committed to enhance quality of life by supporting our patients and families physically, emotionally and spiritually. Our team creates an individual plan of care for every hospice patient – specific to their needs and desires.
The patient and family are supported by our team, which includes:
- Hospice Medical Director
- Patient’s Physician
- Hospice Nurses
- Medical Social Workers
- Hospice Nursing Assistants
- Spiritual Care Advisers
- Bereavement Team
The focus of Hospice of Memorial Hospital is the belief that each of us has the right to live pain free, with dignity, and that our loved ones will receive the necessary support to allow us to do so.
- We provide the resources necessary so that the patient can remain at home – whether that is their own home, nursing home, assisted living or hospital. We bring the care and services to the patient so they can enjoy their time in an environment that they are most comfortable and familiar.
- A priority is pain and symptom management. Achieving comfort allows the patient to enjoy spending quality time with friends and loved ones.
- Emotional and spiritual support will be offered to patients and families to nurture hope when lives are touched by the transitions that life-limiting illnesses may bring.
Grief is a natural reaction to a loss of any kind, although everyone's journey is unique. Each one of us will experience many losses throughout our lives. While these losses are different, rebuilding our lives and relationships after the loss is a challenge that we must face.
Hospice of Memorial Hospital offers bereavement services locally in - Fremont and Clyde Ohio - to anyone throughout our community whether or not they have been involved with our hospice.
- Periodic Mailings
- Bereavement Team Phone Calls
- Bereavement Visits and Supportive Care
- Grief Workshops
- Bereavement Support Groups
- Annual Memorial Events
- Holiday Programs & Retreats
- Beachcombers Program
- School-Based Support
- Annual Camp Fearless
- Individualized Support
Volunteers are a vital part of the Hospice of Memorial Hospital team. These caring people make a real difference in the lives of patients and families we serve. Hospice volunteers generously provide assistance in such areas as:
- Providing companionship in a home setting
- Delivering medicine and supplies to the patient
- Assisting with light household duties, including meal preparation for patients & baking for hospice programs
- Helping with clerical duties in the Hospice office
- Fundraising in the community
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life, please consider becoming a hospice volunteer. For more information, please contact Hospice of Memorial Hospital at 419.547.6419.
We're Here to Serve You
If you or someone you care about requires hospice services, ask for Hospice of Memorial Hospital. We have an excellent working relationship with area physicians and hospitals and we will continue to work with your doctor or hospital staff to coordinate your care.
For more information call:
Concerns about patient safety and quality of care can be reported to the director of Hospice of Memorial Hospital at 419.547.6419. Unresolved patient safety or quality of care concerns can be reported to The Joint Commission at 1.800.994.6610 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in donating to Hospice of Memorial Hospital, contact the Memorial Hospital Foundation at 419.334.6667.
Your donation will help to enhance our mission of providing quality, compassionate care to our patients.