ProMedica Memorial Hospital Foundation
In 1918 Mrs. Mary Miller Hayes started the Memorial Hospital Foundation with an endowment of $50,000 in memory of her mother, Nancy Otis Miller. Since that first act of generosity, hundreds of people have invested in the future of Memorial Hospital through the Memorial Hospital Foundation.
Today, the Memorial Hospital Foundation Board of Directors supports the projects of the hospital by raising funds from the community through events, Annual Campaigns, Capital Campaigns, memorial and honoree giving, and Planned Giving.
View the Memorial Hospital Foundation Ways to Give page, which is an excellent resource for charitable gift planning.
Under the Memorial Hospital Foundation, some of the projects that employees, physicians, volunteers, auxilians, and the community have supported are:
- The Medical School Student Loan Program, which has been set up to recruit talented physicians to the community
- Capital Campaign for Eliza Ramsay Home in Clyde - Home Health and Hospice Departments
- Obstetric Department renovations
- Cardiac Offices renovation, second mammography machine, and meeting rooms updated
- Renovated the Special Services and the Pediatric Unit
- Raised over $2.5 M for the Weitzel-Kern Surgery Center at Memorial Hospital
- Registration Area renovation
- Scholarships offered to medical students who desire to practice medicine in the future at Memorial Hospital.
- Raised approximately $950,000 toward the construction of the $6.3 Herbert-Perna Center for Physical Health.
- The Auxiliary of Memorial Hospital Women's Diagnostic Center, which made digital mammography available in Fremont for the first time in 2010.